Friday, January 11, 2013

So You Say It's Your Birthday!




Vultures circling....I may be a year older, but I'm not dead yet!

Yes...yesterday I turned another year older (and hopefully a little wiser). I spent the day doing only what I wanted to do.....which did not include cleaning, laundry, scrubbing, cooking, washing dishes...you get the picture. Instead, we went canoeing at one of my favorite places in the world--Lover's Key State Park. We rented a canoe for 4 hours, not noticing how WINDY it was. Off we set, into the mangrove lined river, eager to see manatees and birds and maybe a sunning alligator. After two hours of fighting the wind coming straight at our bow--we decided we had had enough fun for one day!

Captain Barry



Our view during my birthday dinner







2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a great birthday, even with the wind!
    Rene, the kids, and I miss you both!

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you too! Getting ready to leave Ft Myers on Monday.

    ReplyDelete